tisdag 8 februari 2011

Bill-sensei

Guess who was spoken of as a teacher today at the train? Well, I was standing and talking Japanese with a Korean friend, and my other friend overheard some Japanese girls nearby speaking and they thought I was working as a teacher at a university or something. It put a big smile on my face, and it gave some boost to my confidence in Japanese conversation. :)

I had a great weekend, including meeting my friend for food and drinks in Shinjuku, playing pingis and eating ice cream at the same place (ice cream buffét!), and playing both badminton and soccer!

And yesterday I went with a Korean classmate to the restaurant she worked at to eat dinner. We were there for about four and a half hour, and then we walked about 35 minutes to the train station. Anyways it was a horrifically nice evening and also really good practice for Japanese conversation.

I bought the book "The Language Hacking Guide" and I really took some of the advice to me. I haven't finished it yet, it's about 1/4 of it left to read, but the main point has already been made clear enough: SPEAK THE LANGUAGE AS MUCH AS YOU POSSIBLY CAN! And I really believe in that way of learning, so even though I already had the idea and probably have applied it without thinking about it, I've really started making more efforts to start and keep up conversations lately. The motivation is on top and I can feel it's really helpful already :)

Anyways, have a great day!

If you liked this post, feel free to subscribe, and visit my other blog as well!

3 kommentarer:

  1. Hi bill it sounds really nice I mean everything in japan. So much actually that I might do the same language journey as you:P

    Could you pleas give me some info about how you did?
    Don't worry japan is big enough for 2 ÅKERSBERGA bor. As I said was just wondering how you did it, you can email me if it's okay:)

    Continue with you awesome trip!!
    Aloha

    SvaraRadera
  2. Haha! Hey Rica :D I didn't know you were reading this! There are actually already two Åkersbergabor here, but I don't have much contact with the other one.

    If you send me your mail I'll be happy to send you the details! :)

    SvaraRadera
  3. Haha I have read it a couple of times actually, my email adress is r.sundh87@gmail.com.
    Thanks!

    SvaraRadera