torsdag 26 augusti 2010

Thursday

I've been sleeping alright for two nights now but I can still notice that before that I'd been sleeping pretty bad for quite a few nights, because I'm still tired even if I sleep slightly more than eight hours a night. But at least I'm getting the daily rythm back on track. We had a Japanese test last week. I got 93/100, so I'm pretty happy. The errors were things like forgetting a letter here and there and that's pretty much it. Still, I'm aiming for a better score next time. We had a kanji test yesterday and I think I almost nailed it. 18/20.

I think the teachers here are pretty good but they all have the same few flaws. They keep repeating that things are difficult and hard, instead of encouraging by saying "it gets easier over time" or "it might seem hard, but just practice and you'll get there". It really does have effect when teachers are encouraging instead of almost giving you excuses not to learn things because they're very very hard. And also they divide the reading between girls and boys sometimes, and it's just unncessary. But here they really make difference on girls and boys. Girls can only be beautiful, and boys can only be handsome. You can't call a guy beautiful and you can't call a girl handsome, even though sometimes that's the case.

Well I'm just gonna stick with being an "otonna" which is a mix between "otoko" and "onna" which means "man" and "woman", because I'm apparently not living up to the Japanese standard of a man. Men can't be scared of insects or cry to movies ^^ I guess that's what people think in the west as well when I come to think about it. Fuck that, I cry as much as I want when I watch movies!

Oh, now Hannes called me on skype, I'll write another entry later. Have it good ;D

2 kommentarer:

  1. Hi!
    A friend just called me. He lives in Warabi too. He has lived in Tokyo for 13 years. I sent him your blogsite!
    A big hug from your auntie Susanne

    SvaraRadera