fredag 26 november 2010

Fuji Q and Christmas

Today almost everyone in our school went to Fuji Q Highland and it was awesome! The weather was perfect and there weren't many people there so the lines were really really short. And also, I only paid 500yen! And that was for the entrance to the haunted house, which was great.

I rode the two most crazy roller coasters I've ever ridden (maybe because I've only been to amusement parks in Sweden?), and had an awfully great time.

In the line to the first roller coaster we somehow ended up sneaking in front of many people in the line because our friends were in the middle somewhere, but my heart couldn't take it, because I strongly dislike when people cheat their way to a better position in a line myself, so we went back to the end of the line again after a few minutes. It felt much better again :)

And wow, the mountains here are amazing! I haven't seen much mountains in my days, but I think most people would get impressed. And watching Fuji-san from the distance was stunning. It looked like some background someone had put up on a big big piece of paper, but it was a real mountain. Amazing.

--

Now it's Christmas time here in Japan, but it just doesn't cut it when Japanese people are wearing Santa Claus hats without a single snowflake in the ground or in the air (except for on the top of Fuji-san). And since when do you use the phrase "Happy Christmas"? It was a pretty cute sign though.

I feel good about not buying any presents this year. People don't need more stuff, I don't need more stuff (I actually still want to get rid of some things I have), so everyone gets happy! And if they don't, well, then I think they should rethink their idea of Christmas, if they celebrate it, that is.

However, I don't feel good about commercials during Christmas time. Big corporations trying to print into everyone's brain that their product is the thing that Christmas is all about, and everything is about buying, buying, buying. It's horrible, and it's sad that so many people are led to believe that that's the way it's supposed to be.

Think about what really means something to you and other people and their life. How can you help to make friends and family happier without buying things for them? Can you buy them experiences? Help them start pursuing their passions? Try to make their life better, not their house harder to keep clean. That's just mean. Oh what a rhyme!

Good night! : )

2 kommentarer:

  1. Wow yeah I agree! I think you will have a great minimalistic christmas over there, without a lot of presents and unwanted things ^^ Haha it sounds so strange that you can take a rollercoasterride in november without freezing to death! Awesome daaays.

    SvaraRadera
  2. Hahaha! I know! The weather was great! When I got off the bus I went in t-shirt and a sweater, and later I put on a jacket as well! It's hard to imagine the weather in Sweden, even though I've experienced it for 22 years already! ^^

    SvaraRadera