torsdag 4 november 2010

WriteRoom

Lately I've been fighting to get back to routine; Keeping the same sleeping times each night, wash my clothes before it piles up, and study just a little bit more :)

I finally cleaned my desk today, and it actually feels WAY better sitting here now. I didn't use my desk very much until I made this change, and now it feels more productive just sitting here! I strongly recommend to clean your desk, and KEEP IT CLEAN.

I was talking with my friend this morning about saving papers from school, and neither of us are doing it. No one back home will be able to read it anyway ;) It's really nice to know, when you hear your friends whining about their rooms getting filled with piles of old papers, that your room is free from it, and will still be clean when you get home to it!

It's amazing how much crap you keep in your room without thinking of it. I'm trying to stay aware of it and keep it clean, but I still find papers, small cell phone decorations, more old papers and similar things lying around. But they're not making it until the end of the day after I've found them!

Right now I'm trying out a new writing application for OSX. It's called WriteRoom. All it is is a full screen of a black background, and green text and a marker in the middle. It's really relaxing and it brings focus to your writing. It actually works pretty well.

I will shut down now and study for a bit before I start reading my book and go to bed. I can recommend the book I'm reading, called Focus. It's available for free, written by Leo Babauta. Much of it are already on his blogs, but lots of new stuff as well, so be sure to read it even if you've read his blogs!

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar