torsdag 11 november 2010

Morning routines in Japan

I've just been out on a run, followed up with a slow breakfast. It's a really great way to start the day I think, to take more time than you need before you have to leave for school, start working or something similar.
And I can recommend to at least try a morning jog or a morning exercise of some kind before school/work/other life. It gets you energized and more effective, and it also feels great to have the exercise done almost before you've even started the day! Now that I'm living in Japan it's a really nice way to explore the place where I live as well.

Another great thing to try in the mornings:
When I wake up, I sit up, pull away the curtains, put a pillow behind my back, and just sit there for 10-15 minutes.
I'm sure some people think: "Why don't you just hit snooze and sleep another 10-15 minutes?". The answer is: Because then I'll be back where I was when I woke up the first time again; tired, wanting to hit the snooze button. Again. Instead of just sitting there, still having the warm, cozy feeling under the blanket, still being in the bed, but at the same time slowly waking up in a nice pace, having a bit of calm before starting the day.
Of course you should even try to sleep enough as many nights as you possibly can to get the most out of any day. I try to get 8 hours of sleep every night, and I've noticed my study results are better than those in high school when I only slept 6-7 hours. That small difference has made a big... difference in my everyday performance.

Sleeping and exercising is great ways to increase performance in almost everything you're doing, so give it a shot! You might surprise yourself :)

Inga kommentarer:

Skicka en kommentar